Sunday 30 March 2014

Rejection

Get back up again

A fear that many humans share is the fear of rejection.
In all realms of our life we can get rejected. From our friends to our work it can be safe to say that almost everyone has been rejected before. 

The real challenge isn't the rejection itself but how you react to the rejection.
Letting rejection ruin your life isn't really an option, considering that in reality you will get rejected over and over again. Everyone needs to learn to deal with rejection in their own way that works for them.

Personally I find going for walks or runs very therapeutic. I plug in my headphones, stuff my hands in my pocket, put my head down and walk. I think about what I've been rejected from, let myself dwell in the sadness and pain for a while. But then I look up, I think about the bigger picture. One rejection, or even a string of rejections (as bad things always seem to happen on the same day) does not define me or my life.
I remind myself of all the things I have accomplished, however minimal or insignificant they seem. I think of all the things that I can still accomplish in my life.
I have a whole future ahead of me, even when it seems bleak.
Sometimes we don't get what we want. That's the way of life.
I like to think that perhaps we get rejected because it is a sign that we were heading down the wrong path.

 A rejection could just be a redirection.

So next time you get rejected, remember that the possibilities out there are endless.

As on of my favorite figures once said:


No comments:

Post a Comment