Sunday 2 March 2014

Judgement

Who am I to judge?

In general I try not to be a judgmental person however recently I feel like I have been slipping up a bit.
I do not purposely want to judge people but when looking in retrospect at certain conversations I have been a bit too judgmental for my liking.
Therefore I wanted to reaffirm my reasons for not judging people and hopefully help you realize or reaffirm why we shouldn't judge people.


When we judge another person, it really just reflects more on our own character. Do you really want to be the person who judges everyone they meet? or who judges their friends?
We don't know what everyone has been through that has made them who they are.
Some people are insecure so constantly seek affirmation 
Some people are cold and closed off because they could have suffered in the past from having their trust betrayed
Some people are closed off because they might not be able to open up easily

Everyone has gone through something else in the past so who are we to judge them?

I don't want to be judge for the way I dress or how I look, so I should not judge others for the exact same things.

Even if you are not religious I believe the Bible does have some valuable quotes for life:

"Do to others as you would have them do to you"
Luke 6:31 

So next time you are about to pass judgement on someone stop and think before you do.








No comments:

Post a Comment