Wednesday 29 January 2014

Be aware of your volume

Crank up your favorite song... actually hold on a second 

Walking down the street or sitting in the tube you can see many people zoning out jamming to the music blasting through their headphones. 
I like many others have a commute to class so I am one of those people listening to my tunes and on occasion even singing them out loud (usually when no one else is around). 
My eclectic music taste means I could be blasting anything from the Red Hot Chili Peppers to Ariana Grande
As many others do I also listen to the music in the charts which sometimes includes music with many explicit words. Some of these songs are extremely catchy and can often get stuck in peoples head, which can lead to a person humming or singing the song without being completely conscious of where and when they sing the song. 
Normally I wouldn't see a massive problem with this, however recently I saw the video below via Upworthy


I was shocked when I saw such young kids singing these lyrics. I am sure that many of these children don't completely understand what they are saying, which makes the video even more worrying.
It worries me because it is scary to think we could be encouraging young kids to use such crude and demeaning language without thinking about it twice.
Therefore I urge everyone to think twice before turning up their music or singing such songs while out and about. 
We all need to be more aware of how we are influencing the children of today for they are our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment